Translate

Sunday 28 July 2013

John Cleese Quotes

"The only way I can get a leading man role is if I write it."

"I used to desire many, many things, but now I have just one desire and that's to get rid of all my other desires."

I find it rather easy to portray a businessman. Being bland, rather cruel and incompetent comes naturally to me."

"If I can get you to laugh with me, you like me better, which makes you more open to my ideas. And if I can persuade you to laugh at the particular point I make, by laughing at it you acknowledge its truth."

"I can do anything I want, I'm eccentric!"



"I'm struck by how laughter connects you with people. It's almost impossible to maintain any kind of distance or any sense of social hierarchy when you're just howling with laughter. Laughter is a force for democracy."

"You go in and meet the head of BBC one and get an assurance about not dumbing down. And then, of course, a few months later he's been replaced by someone you haven't met."

"Basil Fawlty was an easy character for me. For some reason, portraying a mean uptight incompetent bully comes naturally to me."

"I don't miss London much. I find it crowded, vast and difficult to get around. Cabs are incredibly expensive."

"Filming is like a long air journey: there's so much hanging around and boredom that they keep giving you food."

"A man will give up almost anything except his suffering."

"I can never do better than Fawlty Towers whatever I do."

"He who laughs most, learns best."

No comments:

Post a Comment